Disney’s “Moana” is a popular feature film that has captured the hearts of many. The fascinating story of Moana of Motunui, her brave journey across the Pacific Islands, and the delightful characters she meets along the way make for some intriguing Moana trivia. With catchy tunes composed by Lin-Manuel Miranda, breathtaking visuals, and Dwayne Johnson voicing the demigod Maui, it’s no wonder this movie is loved by fans of all ages.
Before diving deep into our trivia questions, why not warm up with a 15-question video quiz? We promise it’ll get you in the right mood for some fun facts and critical thinking. And if you’re really passionate about Moana trivia, you might even want to look into getting a Moana trivia book or playing a Moana trivia game. If you like Disney trivia, check out more kids movie questions.
Basic Moana Trivia Questions
- What is the name of Moana’s grandmother?
- Who provides the voice of Maui in Disney’s Moana?
- Which baby animal does Moana save at the beginning of the movie?
- What is the name of the giant crab Moana encounters in the Realm of Monsters?
- Who composed the majority of the songs in the movie?
Moana’s Journey and Adventures Trivia
- Which necklace contains the Heart of Te Fiti?
- What secret does Moana discover in the secret cave on the Island of Motunui?
- Who turns into a manta ray upon passing?
- In the Realm of Monsters, what does Maui try to retrieve?
- What does Maui’s first tattoo represent?
Moana Characters and Roles Trivia
- Which newcomer played the voice of Moana?
- What is the relation of Gramma Tala to Moana?
- Who are the little pirates Moana and Maui encounter?
- Who advises Moana not to venture beyond the reef?
- Which character sings about being “shiny”?
Connections and Moana Trivia Insights
- Which Disney directors directed “Moana”?
- What connection does “The Little Mermaid” have with “Moana”?
- Which item of Moana’s is gifted by her grandmother?
- Who does Maui believe Moana is when they first meet?
- What is the primary mission Moana sets out to achieve?
True Disney Fan: Moana Trivia Edition
- What spread of darkness is threatening Moana’s island?
- Which song features the line, “Consider the coconut”?
- Which character has tattoos that tell stories?
- Who is Moana’s mother?
- At the end of the film, what new role does Moana take up?
Moana Trivia: Fun Facts and Behind the Scenes
- Which song was composed by Lin-Manuel Miranda for the movie?
- What’s the main difference between Maui in the movie and in Pacific legends?
- How is Moana’s grandmother represented after her death?
- Who is the main antagonist Moana must face?
- Which scene involves Moana teaching Maui to sail?
End of the Game: Moana Trivia Bonus Round
- How does Moana restore the heart of Te Fiti?
- Where does Moana find the heart of Te Fiti after losing it?
- Who stole the heart of Te Fiti in the first place?
- What’s the name of Moana’s pet pig?
- How many years passed between Maui stealing the heart and Moana’s journey?
- The name of Moana’s grandmother is Gramma Tala.
- Dwayne Johnson provides the voice of Maui in Disney’s Moana.
- Moana saves a baby sea turtle at the beginning of the movie.
- The name of the giant crab is Tamatoa.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda composed the majority of the songs in the movie.
- Moana’s necklace contains the Heart of Te Fiti.
- In the secret cave, Moana discovers her ancestors were voyagers.
- Gramma Tala turns into a manta ray upon passing.
- In the Realm of Monsters, Maui tries to retrieve his magical fishhook.
- Maui’s first tattoo represents his first act of bravery.
- Auli’i Cravalho played the voice of Moana.
- Gramma Tala is Moana’s grandmother.
- Moana and Maui encounter the Kakamora, who are the little coconut pirates.
- Chief Tui, Moana’s father, advises her not to venture beyond the reef.
- The character who sings about being “shiny” is Tamatoa.
- Disney directors John Musker and Ron Clements directed “Moana”.
- Ron Clements and John Musker, who directed “Moana”, also directed “The Little Mermaid”.
- Moana’s necklace is gifted by her grandmother.
- Maui initially believes Moana is a fan when they first meet.
- Moana’s primary mission is to restore the heart of Te Fiti and save her island.
- A darkness caused by the stolen heart of Te Fiti is threatening Moana’s island.
- The song “We Know the Way” features the line, “Consider the coconut”.
- Maui has tattoos that tell stories.
- Moana’s mother is Sina.
- At the end of the film, Moana becomes the chief and wayfinder for her people.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda composed the song “How Far I’ll Go” for the movie.
- In the movie, Maui is portrayed as a demigod, but in Pacific legends, his portrayal varies across cultures.
- Moana’s grandmother, after her death, is represented as a manta ray.
- The main antagonist Moana must face is Te Kā.
- The scene where Moana teaches Maui to sail is when they are on their journey to restore the heart.
- Moana restores the heart of Te Fiti by approaching Te Kā with understanding and placing the heart back into her chest.
- Moana finds the heart of Te Fiti in the ocean after it’s returned to her by the sea.
- Maui stole the heart of Te Fiti in the first place.
- The name of Moana’s pet pig is Pua.
- Approximately 1,000 years passed between Maui stealing the heart and Moana’s journey.