Step into the magical land of Oz with our list of 35 Wizard of Oz trivia questions and answers. This timeless classic has withstood the test of time and remains a favorite among movie lovers around the world. From the charming characters to the enchanting journey down the Yellow Brick Road, the Wizard of Oz has a plethora of trivia that will leave you enthralled. Dive in and let’s see if you can score a perfect score! Try this Wizard of Oz video quiz questions too!
- Who is the author of the original “Wonderful Wizard of Oz” book?
- In the movie adaptation, where does Dorothy’s house land after the tornado?
- How does the Wicked Witch of the East die?
- What path does Dorothy follow to reach the Emerald City?
- What does the Wizard ask Dorothy and her friends to bring him in return for fulfilling their wishes?
- What is the name of Dorothy in real life?
- What is the name of the actress who played Dorothy?
- What is Miss Gulch’s first name, the real-life alter ego of the Wicked Witch of the West?
- Who is the ruler of the Emerald City, also known as Professor Marvel in Kansas?
- Who is the Good Witch of the North?
Behind the Scenes
- Who directed the Wizard of Oz movie?
- How many Munchkin actors were in the movie?
- Who played the role of the Wicked Witch of the West?
- Which brand of coffee did the actor who played the Lion promote in real life?
- Who was the first choice to play the role of the Tin Man but had to drop out because of an allergic reaction to the silver makeup?
- How many Academy Awards did the movie win?
- Was the Wizard of Oz nominated for Best Picture?
- Who won the Best Actor award in the same year as the release of the Wizard of Oz?
- Did Judy Garland win an award for her role in the movie?
- What song from the movie won an Academy Award?
Fun Facts – Wizard of Oz trivia questions and answers
- What was Dorothy’s last name in the Wizard of Oz books?
- What is the color of the horse that pulls the carriage in the Emerald City?
- What was used as the Wicked Witch’s melt scene?
- What was used to create the tornado in the movie?
- What was the last line of the movie?
- Which real-life figure is referenced in the Lion’s song, “If I Were King of the Forest”?
- How many Oz books did L. Frank Baum write?
- What were the winged monkeys originally in the book series?
- How is the Wicked Witch of the West killed in the movie?
- In the silent version of the movie, who played the role of Dorothy?
- What was used to simulate snow in the poppy scene?
- What’s the real purpose of the crystal ball that the Wicked Witch uses?
- Where does Dorothy’s house land in the Land of Oz?
- What does Dorothy say to her Aunt Em in the end?
- What does the Wizard give the Scarecrow to represent brains?
This Wizard of Oz trivia questions and answers printable makes for a great addition to any study guide or social gathering. It’s a perfect way to test your knowledge of this beloved classic and to learn some intriguing facts about one of the most celebrated movies in history. If you’ve been an ardent fan of the magical journey of Dorothy and her friends, this quiz is a wonderful way to revisit this timeless masterpiece.
Wizard of Oz TRIVIA ANSWERS
- L. Frank Baum
- On the Wicked Witch of the East
- Dorothy’s house lands on her.
- The Yellow Brick Road
- The broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West
- Dorothy Gale
- Judy Garland
- The Wizard of Oz (played by Frank Morgan)
Behind the Scenes
- Victor Fleming
- Approximately 124
- Margaret Hamilton
- Bert Lahr (The Cowardly Lion) promoted Lay’s Potato Chips, not coffee.
- Buddy Ebsen
- Robert Donat for “Goodbye, Mr. Chips”
- Judy Garland won an Academy Juvenile Award, not a competitive Oscar.
- “Over the Rainbow”
- It changes colors, but is often remembered as “The Horse of a Different Color”.
- Chocolate syrup
- A 35-foot-long muslin stocking spun around among miniatures of a house and barn.
- “There’s no place like home.”
- King Louis XIV of France
- They were enchanted beings who had been transformed by the witch’s magic.
- Dorothy throws a bucket of water on her.
- Dorothy Dwan
- Industrial-grade chrysotile asbestos
- In the movie, it is used for viewing different locations, akin to a crystal ball in fortune-telling.
- In the Land of Oz, specifically on the Wicked Witch of the East in Munchkinland.
- “Oh, Auntie Em, there’s no place like home!”
- A diploma from the “University of Oz”